Welcome to the ‘new normal’. Today everything is about the journey that we will take together, to make your trip memorable. Your and our safety is our top priority! Look at the list below to see which steps the hotel has taken to create a safe environment.
*** The measures taken by the Belgian state are more stringent with regard to Covid-19 FROM 25/07/2020
- It is obligated to wear a mouth mask in every hotel, restaurant and bar. It is only allowed to take of the mask when your seated in the restaurant or when you are inside the room. Therefore we ask you to always wear your mouth mask.
- It is obligated to wear a mouth mask in the shopping streets of Bruges, certain areas in the center and when you are visiting the Belgian coast. Ask the reception staff for a detailed plan where you need to wear a mouth mask.
*** Update from 22/01/2021
Traveling to Belgium as a non-Belgian
From January 27 to March 1, you can only travel to Belgium for an essential reason. You must have a statement of honor for this.
What is an essential reason?
Compelling family reasons, e.g. visiting a child or partner, attending a wedding or a funeral of close family
Humanitarian reasons, e.g. for medical reasons, to help an elderly person
Inhabitants of border regions
Other urgent reasons, eg to take care of an animal, to move
Are you traveling to Belgium and are you staying in Belgium for more than 48 hours?
Fill in the Passenger Location Form within 48 hours of your arrival in Belgium.
The form calculates whether you run a high risk of corona based on your answers.
Do you receive a text message? You have a high risk of corona. You must be quarantined. Get tested on day 7 of your quarantine. You will receive a code for this by text message.
Not receiving a text message? You don't have to be quarantined.Did you fill out the Passenger Location Form on paper? Then an employee will call you by phone.
Do you not live in Belgium and are you coming to Belgium? Then you have to do a corona test 72 hours before your departure to Belgium. The result must be negative.
More info can be found in the frequently asked questions - "Negative test non-residents coming from a red zone."
More information for employees and self-employed persons from the construction, agriculture and horticulture, cleaning and meat sectors coming from abroad.
For professional travels Belgian employers or clients who want to report a professional and foreign trip of an employee, can fill in the BTA form. Read more information here.
*** Update from 02/11/2020:
OUR HOTEL REMAINS OPEN.
OUR RESTAURANT IS CLOSED, BUT THE KITCHEN REMAINS OPEN. YOU CAN ENJOY THE BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER IN YOUR OWN ROOM.
BE WELCOME, YOU CAN CONTINUE ENJOYING, CYCLING, WALKING, SHOPPING IN OUR BEAUTIFUL CITY!
If you plan to travel to Belgium or return to Belgium after a stay abroad, you are required to:
- read the latest travel advice.
- fill in a Passenger Locator Form in the 48 hours before your arrival in Belgium
- When you pass the entrance, you find a refresh station with disinfection
- There are dispensers with hand gel at the reception desk and elevators
- In the whole hotel are signage, walking lines and plexi screens to assure the 1.5 meter distance
- No contact check-in as much as possible – drop points for key cards are available
- Strong preference for electronic payments – contactless even better!
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of the lobby and all contact surfaces
- Mouth masks and extra protective material are obligatory where it is not possible to have 1.5 meter distance
- Hand gels, mouth masks and gloves are for sale at the reception
- Extensive cleaning of the rooms with an emphasis on the disinfection of all contact surfaces
- All possible loose decorative items have been removed from the room
- Alcohol wipes are available in every room for an extra surface cleaning
- Remote controls and other standalone items are packed in disinfected pouches
- On every door, there will be a hygiene checklist
- All staff are protected with mouth masks and gloves
- Strict separation of clean and dirty
Sanitary areas and general areas
- Increased frequency of cleaning of contact points such as lift buttons, handrails, toilets ...
- Sufficient distance between tables and furniture is guaranteed everywhere
- General rule of extra hand washing required
- Disposable paper everywhere and maximum contactless operation
Fitness and sauna
- Reservation compulsory: we work in time slots: Only with reservation and maximum 2 people
- Disinfectants for hands and equipment are provided
- Extra cleaning of this area after use by our employees is provided
- Visualisation of cleaning schedule
Restaurant and kitchen – responsible eating.
FROM 2/11/2020 THE RESTAURANT IS CLOSED AND OUR KITCHEN IS OPEN. YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE FOOD YOU WANT IN YOUR ROOM
- Attention for healthy food
- our kitchen is open, we offer a free of charge roomservice.
‘Social distancing’ activities
- Preference for activities outside – safe and healthy
- Try our ‘Velotel bike routes’ and discover the nicest places in and around Bruges with our route planner and photo quest
- Try our ‘eat at any hour in the great outdoors’ boxes: totally corona proof! (picnic blanket inclusive)
- Pétanque – with reservation, we have all the equipment
- Tennis court – with reservation, we have all the equipment
- Enjoy an amazing walk in our spacious green area
- Playground for children
- Big sunny terrace outside (with extra comfortable chairs – 1.5 meter distance)
We are doing this together. This is also for us new and the first time. You can always let us know how you experienced your stay. We will bike through this together! Just with a little bit more distance, but still together! Thank you very much!