Welcome to the ‘new normal’. Today everything is about the journey that we will take together, to make your trip memorable. Your and our safety is our top priority! Look at the list below to see which steps the hotel has taken to create a safe environment.
*** The measures taken by the Belgian state are more stringent with regard to Covid-19 FROM 25/07/2020
- It is obligated to wear a mouth mask in every hotel, restaurant and bar. It is only allowed to take of the mask when your seated in the restaurant or when you are inside the room. Therefore we ask you to always wear your mouth mask.
- It is obligated to wear a mouth mask in the shopping streets of Bruges, certain areas in the center and when you are visiting the Belgian coast. Ask the reception staff for a detailed plan where you need to wear a mouth mask.
*** Update from 02/11/2020:
OUR HOTEL REMAINS OPEN.
OUR RESTAURANT IS CLOSED, BUT THE KITCHEN REMAINS OPEN. YOU CAN ENJOY THE BREAKFAST, LUNCH AND DINNER IN YOUR OWN ROOM.
BE WELCOME, YOU CAN CONTINUE ENJOYING, CYCLING, WALKING, SHOPPING IN OUR BEAUTIFUL CITY!
If you plan to travel to Belgium or return to Belgium after a stay abroad, you are required to:
- read the latest travel advice.
- fill in a Passenger Locator Form in the 48 hours before your arrival in Belgium
- When you pass the entrance, you find a refresh station with disinfection
- There are dispensers with hand gel at the reception desk and elevators
- In the whole hotel are signage, walking lines and plexi screens to assure the 1.5 meter distance
- No contact check-in as much as possible – drop points for key cards are available
- Strong preference for electronic payments – contactless even better!
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of the lobby and all contact surfaces
- Mouth masks and extra protective material are obligatory where it is not possible to have 1.5 meter distance
- Hand gels, mouth masks and gloves are for sale at the reception
- Extensive cleaning of the rooms with an emphasis on the disinfection of all contact surfaces
- All possible loose decorative items have been removed from the room
- Alcohol wipes are available in every room for an extra surface cleaning
- Remote controls and other standalone items are packed in disinfected pouches
- On every door, there will be a hygiene checklist
- All staff are protected with mouth masks and gloves
- Strict separation of clean and dirty
Sanitary areas and general areas
- Increased frequency of cleaning of contact points such as lift buttons, handrails, toilets ...
- Sufficient distance between tables and furniture is guaranteed everywhere
- General rule of extra hand washing required
- Disposable paper everywhere and maximum contactless operation
Fitness and sauna
- Reservation compulsory: we work in time slots: Only with reservation and maximum 2 people
- Disinfectants for hands and equipment are provided
- Extra cleaning of this area after use by our employees is provided
- Visualisation of cleaning schedule
Restaurant and kitchen – responsible eating. FROM 2/11/2020 THE RESTAURANT IS CLOSED AND OUR KITCHEN IS OPEN. YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE FOOD YOU WANT IN YOUR ROOM
- Attention for healthy food
- Reservation compulsory: we work in time slots so that the number of people stays limited
- It is obligatory to stay seated while consuming your meal - maximum 4 people per table (except family of <6)
- Consuming and / or ordering at the bar is prohibited
- No walking around - only for sanitary purposes - smoking breaks outside are not allowed while eating
- Tables and furniture everywhere 1.5 meters apart - on the outside terrace 1 meter
- Service at the table – choice from the menu
- Improved hygiene – hand gels everywhere – avoid crossing people at all times
- Tables are cleaned and disinfected after every use
- Staff works constantly with mouth mask/screen and gloves
- Every meal is possible as take-away as well (breakfast box / lunchbox)
- Room service is possible
- Menus are completely contactless
- All materials used are disposable, washable or disinfectable
- Breakfast from 7h to 10h30, kitchen open until 21h, tapas possible until 22h and restaurant open until 23h
- Strong preference for electronic payment
‘Social distancing’ activities
- Preference for activities outside – safe and healthy
- Try our ‘Velotel bike routes’ and discover the nicest places in and around Bruges with our route planner and photo quest
- Try our ‘eat at any hour in the great outdoors’ boxes: totally corona proof! (picnic blanket inclusive)
- Pétanque – with reservation, we have all the equipment
- Tennis court – with reservation, we have all the equipment
- Enjoy an amazing walk in our spacious green area
- Playground for children
- Big sunny terrace outside (with extra comfortable chairs – 1.5 meter distance)
We are doing this together. This is also for us new and the first time. You can always let us know how you experienced your stay. We will bike through this together! Just with a little bit more distance, but still together! Thank you very much!