Welcome to the ‘new normal’. Today everything is about the journey that we will take together, to make your trip memorable. Your and our safety is our top priority! Look at the list below to see which steps the hotel has taken to create a safe environment.
*** The measures taken by the Belgian state are more stringent with regard to Covid-19 FROM 25/07/2020
- It is obligated to wear a mouth mask in every hotel, restaurant and bar. It is only allowed to take of the mask when your seated in the restaurant or when you are inside the room. Therefore we ask you to always wear your mouth mask.
- It is obligated to wear a mouth mask in the shopping streets of Bruges, certain areas in the center and when you are visiting the Belgian coast. Ask the reception staff for a detailed plan where you need to wear a mouth mask.
*** Update from 09/06/2021
You can travel anywhere.
Do you use public transport (bus, tram or train)? Are you over 12 years old? Wear a face mask. It is mandatory.
Between midnight and 5 a.m. you may be out on the street with a maximum of 3 people.
Children up to and including 12 years are not included.
You are allowed to walk on the street with the people you live with. This may be more than 3 people. This is an exception.
To travel to Belgium, you must meet the following conditions:
You have a negative PCR test that was carried out 72 hours before your departure from a red zone to Belgium at the earliest.
You can read more information about this in the frequently asked questions - "When do I need a negative test to travel to Belgium?"
Exception: If you are staying in Belgium for less than 48 hours and you are not traveling by plane or boat, or if you are not traveling by train or bus from a country outside the EU or Schengen zone to Belgium, then no PCR test is required.
Are you staying in Belgium for more than 48 hours or are you coming by plane or boat or are you coming to Belgium by train or bus from a country outside the EU or Schengen zone? Complete the Passenger Location Form 48 hours before your arrival in Belgium at the earliest.
Based on your answers, the form calculates whether you are considered a high-risk contact.
Do you receive a text message? You are a high risk contact. You must be quarantined and tested on day 7 of your quarantine. You will receive a code for this by text message. This quarantine and test are mandatory. You risk a fine of at least € 250 if you do not respect this.
Are you not receiving a text message? You don't have to be quarantined and you shouldn't be tested.
Are you traveling from the UK, South Africa, South America or India? Go to quarantine. Get tested on day 7 of your quarantine. You will receive an SMS for this. This quarantine and test are mandatory. You risk a fine of at least € 250 if you do not respect this.
- When you pass the entrance, you find a refresh station with disinfection
- There are dispensers with hand gel at the reception desk and elevators
- In the whole hotel are signage, walking lines and plexi screens to assure the 1.5 meter distance
- No contact check-in as much as possible – drop points for key cards are available
- Strong preference for electronic payments – contactless even better!
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of the lobby and all contact surfaces
- Mouth masks and extra protective material are obligatory where it is not possible to have 1.5 meter distance
- Hand gels, mouth masks and gloves are for sale at the reception
- Extensive cleaning of the rooms with an emphasis on the disinfection of all contact surfaces
- All possible loose decorative items have been removed from the room
- Alcohol wipes are available in every room for an extra surface cleaning
- Remote controls and other standalone items are packed in disinfected pouches
- On every door, there will be a hygiene checklist
- All staff are protected with mouth masks and gloves
- Strict separation of clean and dirty
Sanitary areas and general areas
- Increased frequency of cleaning of contact points such as lift buttons, handrails, toilets ...
- Sufficient distance between tables and furniture is guaranteed everywhere
- General rule of extra hand washing required
- Disposable paper everywhere and maximum contactless operation
Fitness and sauna
- Reservation compulsory: we work in time slots: Only with reservation and maximum 2 people
- Disinfectants for hands and equipment are provided
- Extra cleaning of this area after use by our employees is provided
- Visualisation of cleaning schedule
Restaurant and kitchen – responsible eating.
‘Social distancing’ activities
- Preference for activities outside – safe and healthy
- Try our ‘Velotel bike routes’ and discover the nicest places in and around Bruges with our route planner and photo quest
- Try our ‘eat at any hour in the great outdoors’ boxes: totally corona proof! (picnic blanket inclusive)
- Pétanque – with reservation, we have all the equipment
- Tennis court – with reservation, we have all the equipment
- Enjoy an amazing walk in our spacious green area
- Playground for children
- Big sunny terrace outside (with extra comfortable chairs – 1.5 meter distance)
We are doing this together. This is also for us new and the first time. You can always let us know how you experienced your stay. We will bike through this together! Just with a little bit more distance, but still together! Thank you very much!